I am an agent of change, a conscious transformer of lives and a multi-potentialist who stronglybelieves that I am empowered to excel and exceed in every area of my life.
I have clocked almost 35 years’ of successfully progressive corporate and commercial business development endeavors, focusing intensely on Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing Aircraft for both domesticand international aviation projects in both the commercial as well as military market segments.I have handled Commercial plus Defense related telecommunication solutions, high tech Bio-Medical Engineering products & solution and digital geographic information solutions for Topographic as well as Bathymetric solutions, plus otherrevenue-generating niche markets within multiple industries.
I am a dynamic, strategic planning&relationship manager with vast experience in several key market segments besides the afore-mentioned segments, who has the ability to identify, pursue & nurturethe newly developed business partnerships and alliances that maximize long-term growth potential.
I am a consummate strategic manager who is a Trace Certified, marketer who clearly understands and fully complies with Global Anti-Corrupt Practices standards required to be followed during the business process of international marketing & business development activities.
I also have extensive international business and consultancy development experience in long term FDI projects and short term program management across USA, Canada, UK, Europe,Middle East, and covering severalAsia Pacific, marketing regions, in respect of a vast plethora of high tech. products as well as solutions in diverse market segments.
Current Designations held:
- Chief Executive Officer – Infotechs Pvt. Ltd.
- Director – Infotechs Travels Pvt. Ltd.
- Business Advisor – Ambassador Air Group, USA
- Consultant – Platform Strategies Pvt. Ltd.
34 Years of experience in International Marketing & Business Development, in
- Commercial& Military Aviation products & solutions,
- Civil & Secure Defense Telecommunication related solutions,
- GIS based solutions for land plus coastal resource management & urban planning,
- Energy Conservation &Power distribution accessories,
- Hi-tech Bio-Medical equipment & solutions
2 Years of experience in
- Marketing & market development for Hi-tech Consumer Electronics in the duty free, retail as well as wholesale dealer segments.
- Advertising related account management & Design in the private sector as well as in international& local non-government sector.
Involvement with Business related associations
- Senior Vice President- Sri Lanka Canada Business Council
- Vice President -Sri Lanka Australia New Zealand Business Council (Responsible Fashion Initiatives for export development & sustainability of indigenous national crafts)
- Serving member of the National Domestic Aviation Policy formulation consultative group associated with the PM’s office.
- Serving as a consultative committee member on the travel & hospitality sub-committee on ITAR/EAR embargoes & Aviation related business- American Chamber of Commerce
- Currently serving as a co-Patron of the Aviation Professional’s Association of Sri Lankaby election.
- Member of the tourism subcommittee (Domestic Aviation & Creative Economy related development sub-committee) of the European Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Sri Lanka Maldives Business Council.
- Former committee member Sri Lanka Malaysia Business Council
Non-Business related participatory involvement
- Women in Management -EXCO member
- Works of Wonder – Deaconess/Life Coach, Co- Leadershipfor Ethnic Language groups andCoordinator faith based activities that promote & empower a transformed lifestyle.
- Member- Association of Military Christian Fellowship
Recent awards& nominations received
- Professional Career Woman of the year 2011 (Marketing)- Women in Management
- Abhimani Award as the first Sri Lankan woman involved in Aircraft Marketing- 2011/2012
- Most Inspirational woman of the year -2014 –Women in Management
- Inspirational Woman Leadership Award 2017 presented by the South Asian Partnership Summit & World HRD Congress Business Awards held in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 29/10/2017
- Nominated by Women in Management, to receive training as a potential trainer of Women aspiring to be in senior executive management and as boards of directors of companies in a program conducted by the International Finance Cooperation of World Bank (WB-IFC), The Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT), Australia, Sri Lanka Institute of Directors (SLID) & Women at Work.