Dr. Rubeen Malkani
MARKETING, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIST& LEGAL/ TAXATION ADVISOR/ ADVISOR/ CONSULTANT
Seeking assignments for Senior Leadership position in Business Development, Brand Building, Legal & Tax Liasoning and Trade & Marketing, Advisory, Consultancy.
- A Seasoned top management professional with distinguished career of over 47 years, assuming leadership roles in steering entire range of business operations with prestigious organizations.
- Handling legal matters of companies holding Independent Director Positions or as In house Counsel.
- Briefing eminent lawyers, advocates, and solicitors, from time to time based on the legal requirements, being Civil, Criminal or Corporate, based on the requirement of the client / companies.
- Assisting the Client / Companies with drafting and draft corrections, notices, making briefs and concept notes in respect to the legal position of the client / companies and as also liaising with such advocates / solicitors to ensure that the client / company get proper redressal based on the legal circumstances.
- Handling sale / purchase, leasing / rental of properties either owned by client / companies or their associates and to assist clients / companies in obtaining the registration of titles with the concerned authorities and also obtaining documents from offices of relevant departments within the realm of such client / companies.
- Creative planner with acknowledged strengths in contributing strategic and operational drivers across diverse functional domains to achieve corporate objectives.
- Capable of defining business mission and mobilizing/ managing cross-functional resources to achieve business continuity and sustainable growth.
- Proficient in conceptualizing and setting up new business ventures to exploit available market potential.
- Superior analytical, liaison, administrative and communication skills.
- Streamlining entire procurement / logistics activities and generated substantial cost advantage/ reduction with effective application of negotiation skills.
- Identify business opportunities and generate customized marketing thrust to capitalise on the available market potential.
- Map market dynamics and draw vital inputs on competitors’ moves to realign policies and programmes to stay firmly afloat in globally competitive business environment.
- Provide need based advertising and promotional inputs to foster brand building and generate consumers’ preferences towards company’s product range.
- Register high level of advertising efficiency with effective media planning and scheduling of commercials.
- Successfully capitalizing on media relations to secure their uninterrupted support.
- Conceptualize and implement credit policy to minimize incidences of bad debts.
- Negotiate and reach settlements with debtors to ensure quick recoveries.
- Initiate litigations against stubborn clients / customer’s and successfully legally acquire their assets to offset the debts.
- Play vital role in implementing preventive / predictive maintenance practice to maximize operational availability of machines and equipment’s.
- Efficiently manage import & export operations deriving advantages of various governmental incentive schemes.
- Secure necessary approvals as needed to facilitate international transactions.
- Created and managed domestic/ international channels of distribution and maintained their business interest to promote company’s sales.
- Provide inspirational leadership to cross functional teams and integrate their efforts to facilitate realization of overall corporate objectives.
|Advisor / Consultant – All State Group||Chairman – Shankar Sagar Co-operative Housing Society|
|Advisor / Consultant – Raghuvanshi Complex Management Association|
Director – Percept Limited
Director & Member Advisory Board – Wockhardt Foundation
|Committee Member – Vijay Villa Co-operative Housing Society|
Trustee – Peace Keepers Movement
Member – Indo American Society
Member – Advertising Club of India
|Director – Percept Integrated Pvt. Limited||Member – The National Sports Club of India|
|Director – CSR Advisory India Private Limited|
Director – Peace Value Private Limited
Director – Peace Café
Partner – Tokhem Enterprises
Partner – Tokhem & Resource Development Corporation
|Committee Member – Maharashtra Tenpin Blowing Association|
Committee Member – Cathedral & John Connon Alumni Association.
Member – The Delhi Gymkhana Club of India
Member – Switzerland Global Enterprise ( Certified Expert)
Director at Percept Advertising Ltd., Mumbai, Jul’98 till date
- Established short term / long term budgets & corporate strategies for achievement of business targets.
- Mapped business potential and identifying profitable National / International markets.
- Building brand focus in conjunction with operational requirements for establishing greater awareness in respect of the company and its products & services.
- Coordinated with advertising agencies for developing communication plans based on specific media objectives and analyzing evaluations, post advertising to utilize in subsequent media plans.
- Networked with Media agencies and establishing long-standing associations with them.
- Managed the entire course of events inclusive of conceptualization, procurement of materials, set design, and scheduling, on-site event management.
- Involved in handling enquiries, quotations and supervising rates, billing and maintenance related functions.
- Managed the import & export operations including interacting with the buyers (client) & keeping them informed on the status of running orders & shipments.
- Identified and networked with financially strong and reliable channel partners resulting in deeper market penetration and improved market share.
- Developed relationships with key decision-makers in target organizations for business development.
- Recruited, lead, motivated & monitored the team members to ensure efficiency in process operations and net individual & group targets.
- Distinctively handled recoveries and decreased bad debts through settlement negotiations with the defaulting parties.
- Played a key role in planning and managing smooth takeover of assets received against dues receivable.
- Efficiently forged successful Joint Ventures and established franchisee network infrastructure with offshore & onshore alliance partners in 16 Cities across 3 Continents.
- Negotiated numerous Joint Venture Contracts with Japanese, British and Swiss firms involving due diligence with external auditors.
- Successfully negotiated and established Joint Venture alliances with leading MNC’s based in Dubai, London, Japan for expanding the International & National market reach.
Director at Wockhardt Foundation and Member Advisory Board Jan’09 – till date
- Attended weekly meetings of the chief warriors to facilitate progression of the NGO programmes.
- Playing important role in mobilizing funds and liaising with government to explore possibilities of participation in the government’s people/public/private/partnership schemes.
- Negotiated and concluded several contracts with the state governments of Jharkhand, Karnataka, Maharashtra, and Mumbai.
- Working with the Times Foundation along with Wockhardt Hospitals for handling hospitals in Mumbai private and government as also holding regular dialogues with authorities at different levels.
Senior Vice President at ASIA Television Network, Mumbai, Jan’97 – Jul’98
- Successfully boosted up the business through quality management of programming and effective relationship management with key clients.
- Significantly contributed in drafting effective market communication strategies with external agency managers
- Have distinction of tripling the sales volume within 6 months through exceptional managerial skills.
General Manager at Zee Music, Mumbai, Jan’95 – Dec’97
- Performed a vital role from the start-up stage and established the company as a profit making unit within the 1st year of operation.
- Successfully released ISO Music Albums.
- Successfully eat up the music satellite channel “Zee Music” now ETC.
General Manager (Commercial)at Danatech Ltd., Lagos (Nigeria), Feb’91 – Dec’94
- Actively involved in setting up the business operations through proper negotiation with the bankers for importing Hitech Capital Equipment’s like Generators, Speed Boats & Passenger Vehicles in to Nigeria, from the USA and Europe.
- Wasinstrumental in clearing all the imports each year within the stipulated time frame.
- Pivotal in building and strengthening the support infrastructure for sales & marketing operations and rendering customized quality after sales & maintenance services to the clients.
- Played a major role in setting up a multinational workforce and maintained harmonious industrial relations.
General Manager at Alibert Products, Lagos (Nigeria), Nov’87 – Jan’91
- Distinctively managed the largest wood furniture manufacturing unit in West Africa through efficient restructuring, production planning, credit control and receivable management.
- Augmented the sales by 100% of companies’ product within 2 years of operations and initiated the export of quality products manufactured in house.
- Performed a vital role in setting up 35 company owned and franchised rental outlets within the first 18 months across Nigeria.
At Otters Club, Mumbai
Significantly contributed in the procurement of necessary licenses & setting up operations of the Club and generating memberships.
|1999||Software Development Course “ACCENT”, Bostons Computer Institute|
|1995||Diploma in Windows and Applications, Interscope Institute of Computer Education|
|1995||SWIFT, National Institute of Information Technologies (NIIT)|
|1985||Diploma in Marketing Management, St. Xavier Institute of Management|
|1973||Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (B.Com), HR College of Commerce (Mumbai University)|
|1969||Diploma in Business Management (Finance Management), Davers College of Commerce|
|1968||Cathedral & John Cannon School, Mumbai.|
|1964||St. Columbus High School, New Delhi|