Dr. Vinod Hasal
( Hind Ratna Awardee by late president of india, Hon. A P J Abdul Kalam in 2003. )
Drum Café (India and UAE) and RK Dance Theatre Inc.
A Classical Kathak exponent, one of the most powerful and compelling dancers internationally,hails from a family of dancers and musicians for the last 9 generations in the Jaipur Gharana. I am the eighth generation in this lineage. I have acquired my training under the able guidance of Nritya Acharya Guru Ganesh Hiralal Hasal, who is considered as an authority today from the Jaipur Gharana School of Teaching.
I have worked very closely with the Government of India (ICCR-Delhi), (ICC –Indian Cultural Centre- Johannesburg South Africa), (Indian High commission and Indian Consulate) for 15 years.
I have participated in several International Dance Conferences and have given various in depth lectures on Dance in various Universities and Dance Institutions. I have done a lot of research and collaborative work with India, South Africa and abroad related to the field of Dance and Music.
- State and National level Gold Medalist (twice) in Kathak for IIT Fest – Mood Indigo –Powai and Malhar – St Xavier’s College Mumbai in the years – 1986,1987 and 1988.
- Honoured with Dhaymanti Joshi- Menaka Trophy for the Best Dancer in Maharashtra in the year 1986 and 1987.
- HIND RATNA AWARD in 2003 by honourable Late president Dr A P J Abdul Kalam in the first pravasi festival in Delhi.
- Honoured with Nritya Vidh Award in 2011 and 2012 by Sarfojiraje Bhosale Institute (Mumbai)
- Honoured by Bhakti Kala (ISCKON – 1992)
- Honoured by ICCR (Delhi -2005) for producing the First African Classical Kathak Dancer in the world.
- Honoured by both South African and Indian Government for my immense work in African townships in uniting Indo-Afro Culture.
- Honoured for my 15 years of service in Delhi ICCR, Collaboration with Government of India.
- Honoured , Felicitated and featured and performed in the classical , semi-classical ,jazz, hip-hop, contemporary ,fusion work, tap,gumboot dancing,flamingo dancing and many other known forms.
- Presenting persevering and innovating traditional Jaipur Gharana style of Dancing for the last 9 generations.
- I am the one and only person to have taken Classical Kathak Dancing to South Africa and popularised it to the masses at large by teaching in the African townships.
- I have produced the FIRST ever African Classical Kathak Dancer in the world (Jaipur Gharana style).
- 25 Years of Collaborative work with ICCR –Government of India.
- Research work on PARAMPARA, DHAROHAR and Rhythmic Cycles under the able guidance of Nritya Acharya Guru Ganesh Hiralal Hasal.
- I have trained 36 qualified Kathak Dance Graduates Internationally.
- Owner and Director of Drum Café(India) World’s No.1 International Drumming Company which is present in 28 countries Worldwide.
Performances – National and International Festivals:
- Swami Haridas Festival (Delhi)
- Jaipur Festival(Rajasthan)
- Vividh Kala Mahotsav (Maharashtra)
- Indra Dhanush Festival 2012 and 2013
- Sarfojiraje Bhosale Festival (Maharashtra-Mumbai )
- BRICS Conference 2016(Mumbai)
- Prabhupadha Kala Paksha Festival
- Vrindavan ISCKON Festival
- Bhakti Kala Kshetra ( Sampurna- Kala Paksha Festival )
- ISCKON International Ratha –Yatra Festival (Entire India , Europe, & USA)
- Woodstock Festival ( Europe and East European Block)
- Performed for most of the fortune 500 companies world wide
- Performed for GIMA (Global Indian Music Awards )2016
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa work for Zee TV International
- Six World Tours with ISCKON
- Performed at IPl (Indian Premier League), FIFA 2010
Various Positions that I hold
- Director of R.K Dance Theatre Inc- (South Africa and India)
- Chairman for Savio’s Alumni Trust (Mumbai)
- Vice Chairman and Founder of Mumbai Kathak Kendra
- Director and Co-Owner of Drum Café (India and UAE) World’s No.1 Interactive Drumming Company.
- Artistic Director For all the above mentioned Institutions.
- Vice Chairman for Sangeet aur Nritya Academy.
- Jury Member of CCRT.
- Resident kathak teacher at INDIAN CULTURE CENTRE Johannesburg ( South Africa ).
- Jury member of the first ever and biggest Indian singing reality show sa re ga ma pa 2016 / 17.